Hp printer is the most leading and popular brand for printing papers, but what happens if you will find your Hp printer is not printing. If it is, then it will be extremely frustrating for you.
Here is “How to Fix Hp Printer Not Printing Issue” by using stepwise methods. If you are facing not printing issues with your HP printer, here you will get complete information about its troubleshooting procedure.
HP printer is the most reliable brand. Its printer would be able to run for many years, but sometimes because of malfunctioning and many other reasons affect its working, you will find that your printer is not printing correctly.
In such kinds of circumstances, you need to follow its troubleshooting process.
How to fix HP printer, not printing problem. The printer, not printing, is a prevalent problem with your HP printer. It can happen because of multiple reasons; it could happen because of connectivity problems or driver issues.
If you are going through this problem and struggling to find a solution, “how do I get my HP printer to print?” you can give the methods as follows a try. These methods will help you in troubleshooting your HP printer and won’t print problems.
- Check your printer Status
To start, your HP printer is not fixing the problem troubleshooting process; first, you need to check the status of your printer. Here few points are described that will help you in understand the status checking process of your HP printer.
You need to check that does your printer has enough papers for printing, if it doesn’t have papers for printing in the tray, then what it will print. So it must have enough papers.
Make sure that none of any paper is stuck or jammed in the paper feed. If there is any paper, then remove it very carefully without ruining the paper feeder or internal motor.
Check your Hp printer Ink toner; confirm that does it is empty? If you know how to check the level of ink in your printer ink toner, then it is ok, but if you don’t know how to check the level of ink in your printer ink toner, then you can take help from your printers manuals. But, in new and latest types of Hp printer, you don’t need to face any trouble in checking the ink level, because it will display ink level on your Hp printer screen. So if you will find ink level is not maintained in your HP printer, then you need to keep it maintained for printing papers.
- Restart your printer
In the troubleshooting process of your HP printer, the printing problem is easiest, and the first troubleshooting method is to restart your printer.
Follow these easy steps to restart your Hp printer.
- Step 1: First, turn off your HP printer completely.
- Step 2: Unplug all the power cord of your HP printer.
- Step 3: Wait for around 30 seconds.
- Step 4: Plug back the power cord of your HP printer.
- Step 5: Power On your printer.
After completing the following steps, you need to print a paper to check whether it is printing. If you will find it is printing well, then it is ok. But if you don’t, then move towards another method.
- Check Connection
Sometimes the printing issue will arise because of improper connectivity or connection; the wrong connection will prevent your printer from performing printing action. So you need to check all connections carefully. Follow these steps to ensure the connection of your Hp printer.
- Step 1: First, turn off all your connected devices.
- Step2: Check your printer is properly connected with your computer.
- Step 3: The wire cable or network you use to connect your printer and computer is ok.
- Step 4: If you find any fault in any connected cable or connection, then replace it with the new one.
- Step 5: After replacing the faulty part and checking the connection, turn on your printer and computer.
- Step 6: Now, check the status of the connection with your computer and printer.
So, these are the few easy steps that you should follow in the procedure of the connection checking process, and it is a must because sometimes a minor fault can create a major problem.
- Remove and Reinstall your Printer
You can also try a method in which you need to first remove or uninstall your printer after that you need to reinstall it again, so this method is divided into two parts first one is Unistall your HP printer, and the second is Reinstall your Hp printer. Follow the steps of both of the ways in the below section.
- Step 1: Go to your Start button.
- Step 2: Select Settings>> Devices>>Printer & Scanners.
- Step 3: Find the Printer under Printer & Scanner.
- Step 4: After finding your HP printer, select it.
- Step 5: Now, select Remove devices.
- Step 1: Select the Start button on your system windows.
- Step 2: Now, Settings>> Devices>>Printer & Scanners.
- Step 3: Now, select Add a printer or scanner.
- Step 4: wait for a few minutes until your device finds a printer.
- Step 5: After finding the printers choose that one you want to add and select Add Device.
After completion of the following steps, your HP printer removing and reinstalling process both are done. But remember that this process is applicable to your wireless printer. If your printer is connected to a network, then your windows system finds it very easily.
- Update or Install Printer Drivers
If you have already tried the above-described methods, but still you do not succeed in fixing the printing problems, then you should try the printer drivers updating method.
Driver support scans your system so that it can easily detect any problem associated with your computer. For updating your drivers, you don’t need any specific operating system; you can update it very easily by using your driver support. To understand, the process of drivers, updation, and installation follow these steps.
- Step 1: Select the Start button.
- Step 2: Now, select Settings and then Update & security.
- Step 3: Select check for the Updates.
- Step 4: If your windows find any updates, then it will automatically start it downloading and installing. After the completion of the procedure, your printer and system both are able to use these drivers.
So that is the complete procedure of your HP printer drivers updation after updating your drivers you will find that you are able to use your printer for printing paper in a quality form.
- Clear and Reset the printer Spooler
To get back your Hp printer from nonprinting to printing state, you can try a clear and reset printer spooler method. Many people don’t know what Spooler is? Make this process more understandable let me tell you, Spooler is a file that manages your printer printing process. So, let’s start this process by following a few steps.
- Step 1: Open your Search box that is on your Taskbar.
- Step 2: Now, type Services in your search box and search for it.
- Step 3: Select Services in the list of results.
- Step 4: Select the Standards tab, and then do double-click on Print Spooler.
- Step 5: Now, select Stop, and after that, Ok.
- Step 6: Now, type %WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers and search for it, and after finding it in search results, select it.
- Step 6: Delete all the files in the folder.
- Step7: Now, again, search Services in the search box and select it from search results.
- Step 8: Select the Standard tab, and after that, double click on Print spooler from the search results.
- Step 9: Now, select Start.
- Step 10: In the Startup type box, select Automatic.
- Step 11: Select, Ok.
After the completion of these above-described steps, the process of clear and reset printer spooler is done here. If your problem is still not resolved, move to further steps to fix your HP printer printing problem.
- Set your printer as a default printer
Generally, when you send a printing request to your printer, your windows send a print task to your HP printer, and that is called the default printer. If you would find that your printer is all hooked up, but still it refuses to print, it could be happening because your printer is not set as a default printer. To troubleshoot this problem, you need to check and set your HP printer as the default printer, let’s start.
- Step 1: First, go into your Windows Control panel by searching it in your windows search box.
- Step 2: Select Devices and printers.
- Step 3: From the list of printers, select your HP printer.
- Step 4: Right-click on your Hp printer, and from drop-down menu select, “Set as default printer.”
- Step 5: Click Yes, if you see any confirmation prompt box.
- Step 6: Now, you see a green mark below your HP printer icon that means your printer is now set as the default printer.
Whenever you face your Hp printer printing issue, you should try to set your HP printer as a default printer because this method will troubleshoot your printing errors. So, give it a try.
- Cancel all printing jobs
This process entirely is a little tricky for you, but you can do it effectively by following our stepwise procedure. Sometimes, the jobs that you send your printer for printing stuck in your printer queue, and as a result, it will these stuck jobs affect the procedure of printing in your HP printer. In that case, you need to fix your printer queue by canceling all the printing jobs. And after that, you will quickly get the new jobs of printing, and your printing problem will be resolve.
Follow these steps for canceling printing jobs.
- Step 1: In your Windows search box, type Control panel, and after finding it go for it.
- Step 2: Now, select Device & Printers.
- Step 3: Find your HP printer from the list, and do right click on your printer.
- Step 4: From a drop-down list, select See what’s printing.
- Step 5: Click on Printer from the menu item in the top right.
- Step 6: In the drop-down menu, select Open as Administrator.
- Step 7: Open the Printer menu item and select “Cancel all documents.”
- Step 8: Click on Yes to confirm that you surely want to cancel all documents.
Here is the process of canceling all the print queues or jobs is done. You can also print a paper to ensure that does your printing process in the Hp printer is currently well going on.
- Run Printing troubleshooter
Downloading and running a printing troubleshooter is also an effective way to fix your Hp printer printing errors. It will fix your problem by connecting with your printer. To run your printer, Troubleshooter follows these below-described steps.
- Step 1: In the search box of your Windows operating system, type printing problems in.
- Step 2: After finding the Printing problems in search results, select it.
- Step 3: Now, select Troubleshooter to download it.
- Step 4: Select Open and follow all the steps which are described in Troubleshooter.
Thus, your printer troubleshooting process is completed, and you will get back your HP printer in printing action performing state. So, that is is also an easy and effective method to complete this procedure.
- Change Printer Status
In the process of troubleshooting your HP printer’s printing error, you should try a method in which you need to change the status of your printer from offline to online. Because the offline status of your printer could be a reason for your printer, not a printing problem. So follow these steps to change the status of your printer.
- Step 1: In the search box of your windows, type Settings, and go for it after finding it.
- Step 2: Now, navigate Devices, and then Printer and Scanners.
- Step 3: Select your HP printer and then click on Open queue.
- Step 4: Click on Printer offline. (when you click on it, it will display a message that this action will change your printer from offline to online state)
- Step 5: Confirm it.
Now, you can see your printer comes in an online state from an offline state. But, make sure that you need to perform clear the print queue action before implementing this method.
Therefore, the above-described fixes are the solution of; “How to Fix Hp Printer Not Printing Problem” or “how do I troubleshoot my Hp printer that prints blank pages.” So if you are struggling to find the solution of your Hp printer printing error, you can walk through in all of the above-described solutions to fix your printing problem.
You should try these methods one by one until you get back your Hp printer in the high-quality printing service provider. If you are facing any issue or confusion while performing these actions, you can also contact your HP Printer service provider. They will definitely provide you an easy and quick solution.